If you are like me, you probably need your fix once in a while by drinking some chilled soda or juice. It could be because of the stress of daily life or maybe the full-time job of handling kids. We call it emotional eating, but I like to call it a soother. Sometimes there are just some food combinations that require a good bottle of drink or quart of juice. I do not know about you but that is what I believe. The thing is, most times we end up taking stuff that is not good for us. Once in a while is not bad because that is life, but it should not be the go-to choice every time we feel like having something to drink other than water.
That is where this wonderful recipe comes in. Courtesy of my sister(thank you very much). This juice is full of nutrients that are much needed in the body and at the same, actually tasty. Sometimes healthy things are usually associated with unpleasant tasting experiences. But not this one. It packs a punch and makes you feel good at the same. (Amen to that) The ingredients list is simple and easy to obtain. Before we get into the process lets highlight a few benefits of the fruits used in making this juice.
1. Loaded With Nutrients.
2. Contains disease-fighting Antioxidants.
3. Its Enzymes Can Ease Digestion.
4. May Help Reduce the Risk of Cancer.
5. May Boost Immunity and Suppress Inflammation.
6. May Ease Symptoms of Arthritis.
7. May Speed Recovery After Surgery or Strenuous Exercise.
8. Delicious and Easy to Add to the Diet.
As you have read, it is full of goodies. Read up in detail about all these benefits by clicking here.
- Reduced risk of cancer.
- Lower blood cholesterol.
- Weight loss.
- Eye health.
These are just a few of the benefits of carrots. Want to find out more click here to get a more in-depth read.
1. Contains gingerol, a substance with powerful medicinal properties.
2. Ginger can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness.
3. Ginger may reduce muscle pain and soreness.
4. The anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis.
5. Ginger may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors.
6. Ginger can help treat chronic indigestion.
7. Ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain.
8. Ginger may lower cholesterol levels.
9. Ginger contains a substance that may help prevent cancer.
10. Ginger may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
11. The active ingredient in ginger can help fight infections.
Ginger has a lot of benefits. Evident from its long list. If you would like to know more then click this link.
1. It promotes hydration.
2. It is a good source of vitamin C.
3. It supports weight loss.
4. It improves your skin quality.
5. It aids digestion.
6. It freshens breath.
7. It helps prevent kidney stones.
Lemon is so versatile in its usage with apparent benefits. Want to read more on it. Click here.
There you have it. We have managed to highlight some benefits. Now, what do you need to make this juice? A juicer will be handy for this recipe but fret not if you do not have one available. You could use a blender too. Without further ado, let us get straight to it.
- Jug with lid (to store the rest of the juice)
- One whole pineapple (a big one )
- 2-3 cups of carrots chopped or grated if you are using a blender
- 2 Ginger roots
- Lemon (optional)
- Water(just enough to blend the juice to a homogenous mixture)
Using a Juicer
Slice the back of the pineapple and cut into huge pieces. Rinse and set aside. Rinse carrots and cut into large cubes and set aside. Clean your ginger roots. Wash and cut your lemon into two halves. Using your juicer, pass the pineapple, carrots, and ginger through the juicer to extract all the juices. Squeeze your lemon to get all the juices out. Remove seeds and add to the mixture.put in a cup with ice if you like it chilled or without if you do not. It’s all up to you and enjoy a good and healthy guilt-free drink
Using a Blender
Slice the back of the pineapple and cut into smaller cubes. Rinse and set aside. Rinse and grate or dice the carrots. Set aside. Rinse, peel the ginger and chop into tiny pieces to get it to blend easier. Add a bit of water to move it along. Strain with fine mesh a sieve to get a smoother consistency of your juice. Squeeze your lemon to get all the juices out. Remove seeds and add to the mixture. Put in a cup with ice if you like it chilled or without if you do not. Like I said earlier, It is all up to you. Just go ahead and enjoy a delicious and healthy guilt-free drink.
I cannot wait to read what combinations of fruit juices you create in your homes. In the comments section below.
If you would rather share an experience, why not click here to post them
Subscribe down below to get bi-weekly updates of new posts.!
if you have suggestions, do share in the comments section or send me an email