Thirsty for a delicious drink? hopefully, look no further
The thing is finding a drink that is both healthy and delicious has always been the problem, and choosing what fruits to combine can be somewhat of an experimental toil. The key is to achieve a balance between taste and texture. Some are too sweet, have a weird texture or are downright revolting. When you extract the juices and mix them correctly, you end up with a healthy tasty drink that appeases your taste buds and refreshes you not only with its taste but its benefits also!.
Previous Juice recipe
Last time we made a healthy pineapple, carrot and ginger drink. I believe a staple in our homes. (hopefully). Well, here’s another version to add to our repertoire of healthy, easy juices. This drink is not too sweet for those into something more subtle. By introducing the garden eggs, its bitter but sharp taste compliments the pineapple. Improves the blandness of the cucumbers while allowing each ingredient to shine without being overpowered by the other.
Enough of all that, let’s get to the more juicy stuff (pun intended), the benefits!
Garden Eggs. (So I was today years old when I found out that garden eggs are eggplants. Hopefully, I am not the only one. Wikipedia enlightened me on that vital piece of information).
- It lowers cholesterol and improves blood flow.
- detoxifies the body and improves kidney function.
- Acts as a laxative, due to its high fibre content.
- Lowers blood pressure because of its high potassium content.
- An anti-inflammatory.
- Calms the nerves as it contains scopoletin and scoparone.
- It contains phytonutrients which help with brain development.
- It is an effective treatment for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- May enhance weight loss.
- The Manganese in pineapple promotes healthy bones.
- Helps to boost the immune system.
- Improves gut health
- Reduces blood clots
- Keeps your eyes healthy
- Improves digestion
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- High in antioxidants and micronutrients
- Keeps you hydrated
- Relieves constipation
- Cucumbers promote weight loss
- Supports heart health
- Lemons help control weight
- Prevents kidney stones
- Reduced cancer risk
- Improves digestive health
- Jug with lid (to store the rest of the juice)/ plastic bottles
- 6 Medium-sized garden eggs
- Medium-sized pineapple
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Lemon
**Makes three servings**.
- Wash and chop each fruit and vegetable into large chunks.
- Extract the juices of the garden egg, pineapple and cucumber using a juice extractor, one at a time, into a bowl (Here you can mix the pineapple and cucumber, and add the garden egg juice to your taste).
- Squeeze out the lemon into a small bowl and add to the mix.
- If using a blender, blend each fruit separately and then sieve out the pulp.
- Add some ice and you’re good to go!
How’s that for a healthy alternative to your everyday cravings of juices and liquids other than water?
Let us know in the comment section, what other interesting and delicious combinations you possess. The healthy coaster must carry on.
If you would rather share an experience, why not click here to post them
Subscribe down below to get bi-weekly updates of new posts.!
if you have suggestions, do share in the comments section or send me an email